- If you are the highest bidder for a specific product, the product will be highlighted in green and labeled 'Winning'. But if you are not the highest bidder, the product will be highlighted in red and labeled 'Losing'.
- If you place a proxy bid and the product has a reserve price higher than the second highest bid, you will be automatically charged for the reserve price.
Example: A product has a start price of $400 and reserve of $700 with a bid increment of $10 and you place a bid of $1000 as your maximum, proxy bid. The second highest bidder places a bid of $500. You will win the product for $700 and not $510 as the reserve price is higher than the second highest bidder.
- We have a special bidding process wherein you can enter the maximum price you want to buy at, and our system will increase the bid amount by the increment that is associated with the bid. This will allow you to enter your max bid at one time instead of having to keep coming in and making bids.
Example: if you enter US$ 1000 per carat for a lot (your maximum price) and the second highest bidder bids only US$ 700, then the highest bidder (who has bid US$ 1000) will win the lot at US$ 750. Please be aware about reaching the reserve price, otherwise the product will remain unsold. The increments are pre decided at US$ 30, US$ 50 and UD$ 100, which depends on the value of the lot.
In addition to this, we also have the Extended Bidding System. which is lots that are receiving bids in the last 10 minutes of the auction. The closing time for those lots will be extended by another 10 minutes if someone increases the bid in the last 10 minutes before the closing time of the auction. This process can be repeated 6 times over a period of one hour. (This feature is only for products that have bids placed in the last 10 minutes.)..
Example: In the case of an auction ending at 5:00 P.M. Japan time and someone increases the bid at or after 4:50 P.M. Japan time for Lot No. 101, then only the bidding time for Lot no. 101 will be extended till 5:10 P.M Japan time. Everyone can rebid for this lot till 5:10 P.M. Bidding for other lots that have not been extended, will end at 5:00 P.M.
These 2 additional features help you to buy the lots you are interested in and avoid any missed opportunities.
- Bids below the start price will not be accepted by our system. Note that there are reserve prices for several lots. If the reserve price is not met, then the lots will remain unsold.
- We will not change bids for you if you have made a mistake. Please bid carefully and cautiously.
For Diamond Auction and Online Stock:
- All bids are in US dollars and are in per carat prices. Please don’t enter the total diamond value. Please note that all the prices you enter are PER CARAT PRICES.
- BGM (Brown/Green/Milky) are listed for reference only as per our own Company standards and we do not guarantee them. We will not be responsible if a product marked as 'No BGM' is Brown/Green/Milky. No cancellations/returns will be accepted for this reason.
For Jewelry Auction:
- Most of the jewelry is pre-owned / second-hand used jewelry.
- We do not charge a commission from buyers.
- We have taken great efforts and done our best to match the quality of the pictures of the jewelry with the real jewelry (the color, the quality, the condition of the stones, etc.). The stones may have some surface chips/ cracks. So please see the images carefully and in detail. The quality of pictures greatly depends on the quality of your viewing devices. However there can be some differences in pictures and the real product and we take no responsibility for the differences and variations.
- Some of the jewelry has GIA/GRS certificates while others have Japanese certificates. The information of the center main stone will be mentioned as per the certificates only. If no details are written, it means that we don’t have any information/certificate for it. Please make your own judgment.
- Generally, Japanese laboratories write only heated or unheated, oiled or no oil, genuine color stone or fake. Other details are not mentioned in the Japanese certificate.
- We are not responsible for any weight differences (weight stamped on the jewelry and actual weight), big or small, of the center stone and side stones/diamonds weight, as it is impossible to check all the weights of the stones. The stones may have some surface chips/ cracks, so please see the images carefully and in detail.
- The weight of the jewelry will be the gross weight i.e. weight includes the center stone and side stone weight and is in grams. Center stone and side stone weight is in carats.
- Sales returns are not accepted under any circumstances.
- All the prices are Ex Japan. Hence the transport, insurance, and import duties of your respective countries will be borne by you. Sales and deliveries in Japan will attract additional 10 % VAT.
Terms and Conditions:
- After the results are declared, we will not accept any cancellations for any successful bids won for whatever reason. There will be a penalty of 20 % of the invoice value in case of non-payment.
- Transport and insurance charges for the goods will be free to our Hong Kong office if you are taking delivery from our Hong Kong office:
Unit # 902-903, Hilder Centre, 2 Sung Ping Street, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
If you are taking delivery from our Japan office, then an additional 10 % CST will be charged.
5F Rich BLDG 5-8-13 Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo 110-0005,
Japan TEL: +81-3-5818-4175 FAX: +81-3-5812-3372 Email: email@example.com
- For deliveries to other countries, transport and insurance charges will be to your account. Goods will be shipped only after receiving full payment from the buyer.
- Payment should be done within 1 week after declaration of results by bank transfer to our respective companies. Credit card payment attracts additional 5% charges. Cash payments attract extra 0.25 % charges.
- Non-payment for whatever reason will lead to permanent disqualification from our auction. Any type of price rigging, cartel formation, misconduct, and hampering in the smooth functioning of the auction will also lead to permanent disqualification.
- We are using the best technology available for the photography of our diamonds and jewelry; however, there can be some variations between the real product and the pictures that are available online. We ask you to take your own judgment while pricing the goods. We will in no way be responsible for these variations that may occur.
- For new buyers, a reference is compulsory. Only after proper verification and authentication will new buyers accounts be activated.
- Sellers will be charged a commission based on successful sales and unsuccessful sales.
- The decision of Japan Auction House will be final and binding to all.
- All legal disputes are subject to Jurisdiction of Tokyo, Japan.
- All contents on this Site are owned by Japan Auction House and protected by International Copyright Laws. Users of this site may only use information for personal purposes in compliance with all copyrights and property rights of third parties. None of the information on this site may be reproduced, used for other purposes, modified, rewritten, disassembled, transmitted and or commercially used, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
- Japan Auction House uses the utmost care with regards to the contents posted on this site, but no warranty is made with regards to the reliability, accuracy, or completeness of such information. We are not liable for any direct or indirect problems, losses or damage that arises due to any error in the posted contents or any actions taken based on such content.
- Any claims will only be accepted within 30 days after the completion of the corresponding auction.
- We stand guarantee for the color stone grading and details only as per the certificates attached in the auction. Any changes in the details in any other laboratory is not our responsibility.